Born in Dresden in 1815 Ferdinand Adolph Lange, he was sent to Glashütte to open a watchmaking business and revive the economy of the small village near Dresden, and thus improve the living conditions of the local population. The actual work of the new precision watchmaking workshop began on 7 December 1845, in the attic of a house in Glashütte.

In a few years FA Lange, together with his brother-in-law, the master watchmaker Adolf Schneider, and 15 apprentices produced the first precision pocket watches engraved with the name “A. Lange, Dresden ”which over the generations will become A. Lange & Söhne. A history of continuous records and successes that have marked the precision and tradition of the German watch industry.

When simplicity and the class meet that watches like this are born. A classic and elegant timepiece that thanks to the yellow gold case and the soft lines but he decided it hardly goes unnoticed.

The hands blued they stretch lightly on the dial, giving it to this 38,5 mm a touch of color, marking the hours and minutes in a particularly legible way, both drawn in black on a silver-plated dial and surrounded by a fine railway on which the Arabic numerals and the logo of the House sit neatly at 12 o'clock. The small seconds, on the other hand, are clearly legible on the trotteuse at 6 o'clock.

The essence of the movement is the Caliber L051.1, consisting of 188 parts and 23 jewels and 8.8mm thick, which with its 21.600 semi-oscillations per hour (3Hz) guarantees a power reserve of over 55 hours fully charged.

Finely decorated with Glashutte motif, this movement is a masterpiece of craftsmanship, expertise and tradition or as they call it better in Germany, “Sachverstand”.

Available in three versions yellow gold, white gold and rose gold it is the perfect choice for those looking for a real one dress watch which, thanks to its characteristics and dimensions, slides perfectly under any shirt cuff.

A true ambassador of the House of Dresden, who brings with him all the craftsmanship and tradition that he gives 1815 bear the name of Ferdinand Adolf Lange.

 

 

(photo credits: © perpetualpassion.com)